‘SPORT FOR ALL’ CAMPAIGN DELIVERS FOR PUPILS AND LOCAL COMMUNITY
ALTRINCHAM GRAMMAR SCHOOL FOR BOYS ‘SPORT FOR ALL’ CAMPAIGN DELIVERS EXTENSIVE SPORTS FACILITIES UPGRADE FOR PUPILS AND LOCAL COMMUNITY
On Tuesday 18th July, Altrincham Grammar School for Boys held the official handover and presentation of an extensive range of new sports facilities and equipment, enabled by funds raised through its ‘Sport for All – Making a Difference’ Campaign.
The campaign, which was run over the past year by the school in conjunction with fundraising company Hutt & Co, raised 640,000 pounds through parental and support from Altrincham Grammar School Developments. .
- New football and rugby pitches with new undersoil and drainage, all vented, seeded and prepared to a ‘Sports England’ standard, with a supporters barrier around the 1st XI football pitch.
- A new ECB-approved five-lane cricket net structure and 2 new cricket wickets.
- New football goals, rugby posts, hockey goals, indoor hockey boards and a long jump pit.
Students at every level will be able to take advantage of the new facilities through school and after-school clubs, while community grass-roots sports clubs from across Altrincham and Trafford will be able to use the facilities in the evenings.
AGSB Headmaster Graeme Wright said “This is a proud day for Altrincham Grammar School for Boys, the students we serve and the wider Altrincham community. Our ‘Making a Difference - Sport for All’ Campaign has enabled us to renovate, replace and more importantly install extensive new facilities that will counter poor weather conditions in the winter months, inspire students of every ability, allow extended community use for clubs in the Altrincham area and take our tradition of sporting excellence to a new level.
- Altrincham Grammar School for Boys has been at the heart of the community, educating boys locally for over 110 years. As well as an outstanding academic record and ranking in the top 20 in the country, the school also offers a well-rounded education giving students a broad curriculum and a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
- Sport is key element to life at AGSB and every boy in the school is involved, whether through timetabled PE lessons, sporting clubs or extra-curricular activity.
- The ‘Making A Difference – Sport for All’ campaign raised money via donation from parents, past parents, alumni, local businesses and Altrincham Grammar School Developments Ltd (AGSD), an independent charitable organisation established in 1998 to raise funds for vital projects and buildings at the school.
- Local grass-roots clubs will be able to use the facilities out of school hours.