AGSB’s main purpose is to create the best possible environment to enable our students to achieve their full potential academically and in all other areas of school life.
The curriculum plays a key role in this purpose and has three main aims:
- To be academic, varied, engaging and appropriate for all students.
- To develop independent students who possess a deep love of learning and a strong intellectual curiosity.
- To develop responsible students with strong moral values who leave AGSB with a wide variety of skills and interests, both within and beyond the academic curriculum.
The school operates a two-week timetable, there are five periods in each day and each period lasts for one hour.
- There are 50 periods in each timetable cycle.
- Students attend form time for 20 minutes each morning and five minutes each afternoon.
- Students attend two assemblies per week.
For more information about the Curriculum please see the Curriculum Policy